2020 has been a year full of challenges! Our health centers have risen to those challenges and reinvented their approaches to providing care to patients. Centers have had to rapidly implement new healthcare methods and embrace technology while continuing to strive to achieve the quadruple aim: improved staff and patient experience, better outcomes, lower costs, and a re-emphasis on health equity. We have learned that rapid environmental changes give way to opportunities: a chance to evolve and emerge even stronger than before. Together, let us reimagine the landscape of primary care. The 37th TACHC Annual Virtual Conference is an excellent event for us to break through and innovate!
Join us to-
- 1. Participate in learning sessions
- 2. Discuss working collaboratively with community partners
- 3. Network (virtually) with peers and exhibitors to improve the quality of our work, the impact of our outcomes, and our ability to better meet the needs of the patients
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE CONFERENCE?
The TACHC Annual Conference is a knowledge-based continuing education (CE) event designed for staff members from various disciplines. This event is open to and targets:
- Board Members - health center board member
- Center Leadership - e.g. CEO/ED, CFO, CMO, COO, CAO, CIO
- Clinical - e.g. physician, nurse, advance nurse practitioner, dentist, dental hygienist, social worker, licensed professional counselor, pharmacy staff, medical assistant, physician assistant
- Compliance/QI - e.g. compliance officers, quality assurance, quality improvement, risk management, population health, data analyst
- Workforce - e.g. human resources, recruitment and retention, credentialing
- Finance/Grant Management - e.g. account director, CPA, controller, revenue cycle management, grant development, business development
- Operations - e.g. clinic manager, clinical admin staff, business office staff, unit manager, emergency preparedness, strategic planning
- O&E / Enabling - e.g. outreach and enrollment, community health workers, translation/interpretation services, case manager, health educator, translation worker, eligibility assistance
- Communication - e.g. marketing, public relations, media relations
- Policy & Advocacy - e.g. civic engagement, public affairs, government relations
- IT/HIT - e.g. network security, network engineer, information system specialists, EHR technicians
PHYSICIANS: Application for CME credit has been applied up to 20 contact hour(s) with the potential for an individual to earn up to 13 possible CME credits with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
NURSES: This activity is approved for xx contact hour(s) of continuing education by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Activity ID xxxxxxx. This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies.”
SOCIAL WORKERS: This activity is approved up to 20 contact hour(s) with the potential for an individual to earn up to 13 possible CE credits in accordance with the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners.
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS: This activity has been planned in accordance with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy. This activity is approved up to 19 contact hour(s).
LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS: This activity is approved up to 20 contact hour(s) with the potential for an individual to earn up to 13 possible in accordance with the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors.
SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: This program is valid for 13 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification.
CONTINUING PHARMACY EDUCATION: The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This activity is approved for 2.2 CEUs (22 contact hours) of continuing education credit. In order to receive 22 contact hours of CE credit, the participant must view all session webinars and/or on demand videos for all sessions of the program, and complete the online evaluations for each session.
* Registration includes 30-Day Access to all recordings.
** Registration and attendance at TACHC meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to TACHC’s use and distribution (now and in the future) of the registrant’s image in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions of such events and activities.
For more information contact TaSheena Mitchell.