Centering Basic Facilitation Workshop
10/28/2017 - 10/29/2017
CommuniCare Health Center – Northwest Campus, 8210 Callaghan Rd, San Antonio, TX 78230 (View Map)
Add to Calendar
8am-5pm CT both days
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
The magic of Centering groups stems from skillful and savvy group facilitation. This engaging two-day workshop will prepare TACHC facilitators to launch their first groups and gain confidence in their facilitative leadership through a variety of skill-building and interactive learning activities. Together we will walk through a sample group visit and explore the basic principles underlying the group approach to the Centering model of group care. Participants will have two full days to practice facilitation and group management skills using mindful listening, Acknowledge, Refer, Return (ARR) and strategic questioning; plan and lead a Centering group experience; and receive valuable feedback.
- The Centering Readiness Assessment should be completed for each health center location.
- Participation at Virtual Information Seminar September 7, 14, 21.
- For new Centering sites: send two dyads consisting of a (billable) provider facilitator and a staff facilitator from the clinical team (e.g. MA, CHW, Health Ed, RN, etc.) – total of 4 participants.
- For existing Centering sites: a maximum of two attendees can be accommodated.
- Need to complete the BFT registration form. Applications will be taken on a first come, first served basis and approval will be determined based on the results of the readiness assessment and whether the health center is registered/attends all three parts of the Virtual Information Seminar.
For any questions, please contact Ana Sierra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can book directly at Embassy Suites.