Psychological First Aid: Supporting People in the Aftermath of Disasters and Crisis Events Part I
08/18/2020 - 08/18/2020
Zoom Webinar (View Map)
Add to Calendar
11:00 AM- 12:15 PM CST
Please join us for a complimenteary two-part Psychological First Aid (PFA) training provided by Americares Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Services.
• Learn what PFA is and is not
• Understand factors influencing reactions to crisis events
• Practice 8 core actions of PFA
• Adapting PFA to COVID- 19 settings
• Planning for self-care
• Highlight the COPE (Connection, Compassion, Orientation, Presence, and Empowerment) strategy in PFA
Session II is on August 20th from 2:00 PM-3:15 PM
For more information contact Roxana Cruz.