Substance Use Disorder Symposium & Workshops
06/07/2019 - 06/08/2019
Austin Marriott South, 4415 S. IH-35, Austin, TX 78744 (View Map)
Add to Calendar
SESSION IS FULL
The TACHC “SUD Symposium & Workshops” have been scheduled for June 7-8, 2019. The agenda was developed based on requested needs and goals from our SUD Advisory group and SUD-MH Grantees and for those interested in applying for HRSA supplemental IBHS funding, who would like guidance on developing successful integrated Behavioral Health and SUD programs.
The Symposium on Friday will be didactic and interactive, with presentations for clinical and operational staff regarding what it takes for a successful SUD program (including access to both Behavioral Health and Medication Assisted Therapy, even if done through linkages and referrals). Use of Motivational Interviewing for staff that interacts with SUD patients will be interwoven into each of the presentations.
Saturday workshops include an overview and discussion on HIV and SUD as co-occurring conditions, to inform on the prevention and management of infectious and non-infectious complications in persons with HIV infection. Additionally, the Peer Support Networks workshop will provide best practices and lessons learned on how to develop a peer program, how to grow and sustain the program.
The afternoon workshop on Behavioral Health therapies for SUD will give clinicians an understanding about which therapies are available and how they work, in order to refer and recommend to patients with a diagnosis of SUDs.
- • Learn how to address SUD as a chronic disease in order to identify, treat, and direct to care for SUDs, through team-based approach.
- • Learn about the application of motivational interviewing techniques when addressing patients with SUD, in order to refer, encourage seeking care, and recommend follow up with behavioral health to address SUDs.
- • Become more capable of developing and growing the various collaborative partners that support the SUD Program at your health center.
- • You will gain a broader understanding of the importance of combining interventions and using various resources to address the complexities of SUDs.
- • Become aware of the recent trends in Texas populations regarding substance use/misuse, overdose deaths, and synthetic drugs affecting our communities.
- • Through expanding your awareness of stigma, the effects of trauma, and cultural context, you will be able to reduce bias when treating and counseling patients with SUD
Austin Mariott South - Hotel reservations can be made by calling 1-844-473-3959. The group block is full (see attached overflow list). The hotel offers complimentary self-parking and Wi-Fi in the guestrooms.
For more information contact Roxana Cruz.