Jobs at TACHC
Clinical InternJob Summary: This position is a part-time (average of 10-15 hours per week), non-exempt position and is ineligible for certain fringe benefits. Texas Association of Community Health Centers’ Clinical Intern will act as liaison between TACHC and American Cancer Society (ACS) to collaborate and provide technical assistance, including training and guidance for quality improvement (QI) projects and system improvements that would assist ACS Health Center Grantees in meeting project goals and objectives for the Quality Improvement Learning Collaborative for ACS Human Papillomavirus (HPV)-Cancer Free Texas. The TACHC Clinical Intern in coordination with the ACS-HPV lead staff will work to plan and facilitate interactive, bi-monthly learning collaborative webinars and/or Project ECHO® sessions with QI leads, participating health centers, and coordinate with subject matter experts/consultants to provide didactic information on the HPV-Cancer Free Texas initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Director of Medical and Clinical Affairs, the TACHC Clinical Intern will:
· Coordinate and act as liaison representing TACHC’s Medical & Clinical Affairs Department to collaborate with American Cancer Society (ACS) staff on the Quality Improvement Learning Collaborative program in health centers.
· Intern will work to plan and facilitate interactive, bi-monthly learning collaborative webinars [i] and/or Project ECHO sessions with QI leads from participating health centers (ACS HPV-Cancer Free Texas funded) [Example schedule: January, March, May, July, September, November].
· On alternate months, TACHC Clinical Intern will collaborate with ACS QI planning, discussion of survey results, learning collaborative sessions.
· TACHC Intern will travel to HPV coalition workgroup meeting (once per year) to share lessons learned through the TACHC ACS-HPV QI Learning Collaborative and to learn best practices from coalition workgroup members to then be shared with TACHC.
· Work with Director of TACHC Medical & Clinical Affairs and or designee to identify, engage, and coordinate with subject matter experts on project goals and objectives for the Quality Improvement Learning Collaborative for ACS HPV-Cancer Free Texas.
· Work with TACHC’s Medical & Clinical Affairs Department to organize the logistics of panel presentations at the TACHC Clinical or Annual Conference. The goal of this presentation is to provide an opportunity for learning collaborative participants to share current progress and non-participating FQHC staff to learn more about HPV vaccination systems work.
· In partnership with ACS, TACHC Clinical Intern will disseminate information regarding HPV vaccination related learning opportunities to Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) TACHC Clinical Intern will disseminate ongoing learning opportunities to participating organizations based on HPV Cancer Free Texas project success.
· Intern will work with TACHC Clinical Affairs Director, or designee, to support sharing or showcasing HPV Cancer Free Texas learning collaborative best practices on a local, state and/or national level using virtual or face to face learning opportunities, poster presentations, published content and/or other means (e.g. National HPV Roundtable, Texas HPV Coalition, CA Journal, National Association of Community Health Centers [NACHC], white paper).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Experience in quality improvement project implementation
· Knowledge of adult learning principles
· Skilled in project development, implementation, and evaluation, including survey design
· Experience in presenting trainings virtually and in-person
· Experience and strong organization skills with ability to coordinate schedules, acting as a liaison between consultants and organization(s)
· Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Knowledge of change management strategies
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to adapt easily to a quickly changing environment
Credentials and Experience:
* Experience with collaborative learning processes
* Training experience: small to large groups
* Experience coordinating schedules, acting as a liaison between consultants and organization(s)
· Professional level of computer skills, including but not limited to use of Word, Excel spreadsheet management and/or project management software
· Experience in survey design and data aggregation with on-line surveys (i.e., use of Qualtrics or Survey Monkey)
· Background knowledge of Project ECHO® and experience with Zoom platform
· Ability to use, navigate, and instruct others on electronic/virtual platform or repository (i.e., SharePoint, OneDrive)
· Ability to learn and use of SmartScreen Shared Video TV with Shared Workspace
• Non-profit experience
• Health center (FQHCs) experience
• Spanish-language skills
Please send résumé or CV to email@example.com