Jobs at TACHC
Director of PolicyDirector of Policy
The Director of Policy (DP) position oversees the day-to-day activities of the Policy Department and directly supervises the Health Center Support Specialist to ensure that communications, both internal and external, are appropriate and timely and that effective Policy Analysis is included in this communication. This position serves as a liaison with state and federal policy-makers on behalf of community health centers and the people they serve to strengthen and preserve the health care safety net.
The DP serves as a member of TACHC’s Leadership Team, providing recommendations regarding TACHC’s strategic direction and ensuring that TACHC’s Leadership is kept up to date on the latest developments in Policy.
Position requires a programmatic approach with the ability to supervise a highly qualified team who are responsible for the design and implementation of communications both internal to TACHC and to its members and key stakeholders on topics for monitoring federal and state policy issues.
Candidates must have the ability to address a constantly changing health care and political environment; gather, condense, and communicate conflicting information to both health centers and policymakers; address varied levels of knowledge among participants in training sessions; handle a multitude of projects simultaneously; and address other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
* Masters level degree in Public Policy, Public Administration or related field with at least 5 years professional experience
* Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
* Strong research and analytical skills
* Ability to develop and implement policy agenda
* Ability and willingness to learn
* Understanding of health center grants and other requirements
* Public Policy experience
* Knowledge of state and federal health care policy
* State or federal government experience
* Training and outreach experience
* Health center experience
* Nonprofit experience
* Grant writing and fundraising skills
* Spanish language skills
Please send cover letter and résumé/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.