Preventive maintenance plans shall be individualized to represent specific health center needs and may include:
- Check/change oil in compressor, drain tank of fluids
- Check and flush the vacuum system and filters
- Check x-ray processor(s)
- Check sterilizer(s)
- Check panoramic/Ceph x-ray beam alignment
- Check ultrasonic cleaner
- Treatment rooms:
- Check and clean treatment room lights
- Check lights for drifting and focus
- Check x-rays for operation
- Check x-rays for drifting
- Check operation of hand pieces (air pressure and water flow)
- Check operation of units
- Check air/water syringe
- Check and lubricate equipment as necessary
- Equipment will be inspected and recommendations to bring equipment into standard working condition will be made in writing. With health center approval, repair to parts over $500 will be completed on a follow-up repair visit. Continuation of a repair is calculated and charged at the contracted service rate. The arrival fee, however, is waived.
Large Equipment Preventive Maintenance
Health centers can arrange for a consultation with a Henry Schein representative to have periodic preventive maintenance for their equipment. At a minimum, preventive maintenance should be performed once every three months. Rates for preventive services conform to standard service repair rates. A specific equipment inventory list should be developed and maintained and logged in the logbook.
Health Center Responsibility
- Do not schedule patients during preventive service visits.
- All cleaning materials are required before visit and can be obtained through Henry Schein.
- Equipment must be maintained according to manufacturer’s specification by health center between preventive service visits. Henry Schein assumes no responsibility for the longevity of equipment due to normal wear and tear, abuse, neglect and improper maintenance or non-manufacturer modifications.
- Henry Schein’s goal is to service all dental equipment in place at each facility. Some parts and warranties might not be available through Henry Schein for equipment not purchased from Henry Schein.